Tuesday 29 December 2009

The Jolly Fat Bloke Came To Visit

Look at that, it came and went in the blink of an eye. Already as I write this it is 4 days after Christmas, all the hype, all the build up, all the excitement and its gone again. So its only 361 days until Christmas 2010, how long will it be before people start getting excited again?? So hopefully this still finds everyone well and I hope that all of you had a great day / weekend, I know I did.

Drinking Christmas Spirits
As we are buying our house, Lara and I have had to take out life insurance to cover things should the unmentionable happen. One of the questions we need to fill in is the number of alcohol units we drink on average per week. Well, I’m not a big drinker at all, I mean I will have the occasional drink but lately I haven’t been going out much at all to try and save money. However, with the last few days being Christmas and all that, I feel I have now bumped my average by about 3 units per week for the whole of 2010. Christmas Eve it was out with all my old school mates for drinking and a curry. Christmas day we started early in the afternoon and continued into the evening with a few quizzes and FIFA with Joe (I will come to that later). Boxing day I was over at Laras for another Christmas dinner and as I had taken a bottle of Courvoisier I decided to try Brandy and Coke for the first time, something I will definitely be having more of in the future. Then on the 27th it was back to my Mums as it was Roys Birthday for more drinking. I think I can safely say that I will not need to drink again for a while. Then again, there is New Years Eve to come in 2 evenings time…. Liver – Prepare yourself!!

Excited Over a Chopping Board
So, did everyone have a great Christmas Day? I know I did. Dylan was fantastic to be around and I think all the adults got just as much enjoyment out of playing with his toys as he did. He had loads of presents, but he was very polite and so thankful with everything, such a legend. I was back to the good old days of getting large boxed presents to unwrap rather than the small blatant socks / jumper combo which, lets be honest, is never quite as exciting to have plonked on your lap. Although this time the large boxes were not the latest and greatest toys picked off the shelves at Toys ‘R’ Us, they were your everyday essentials for getting your first home and I couldn’t have been more chuffed. I know Lara was also just as pleased when I told her what we had been given. We got pots, pans, a chopping board, an iron, a cheese grater, a load of kitchen utensils, a kettle and too much other stuff to list. I don’t think I could have been more excited each time I opened something, just made the whole moving in thing seem more real.

One thing I have to mention, Guinness is correct ‘Good Things Come To Those Who Wait’!! I have been an extra good boy and not bought Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 or Assassins Creed II since they came out to save some money for the place. Santa obviously saw that I had been a good boy and advised family and friends buy them as Christmas pressies for me. It was brilliant. I haven’t had a chance to play on them yet and I have to work this week so wont get much time for now but it was worth the wait. I even got the Formula 1 game for the Wii which comes with its own Formula 1 style wheel to clip your controller into. Awesome. Come and play anytime!

All Fun and Games….Until I Lose
As with most Christmas breaks there is always plenty of time to play some games. This year we played a Movie/TV quiz on Christmas Day. The teams were Boys Vs Girls – Katie, Joes wife Shelley , my mum Sanj and Joe (as I said, Girls) against My sisters husband Tom, my mums fella Roy and me. Long story short, Boys rule and by a long way when it comes to TV and Movies haha. Then came Sundays fun and games. Toms Mum, Dad and Sister were also over and we played the old faithful that everyone loves to hate, Charades! The teams were once again Boys Vs Girls. The game started and every time someone stood up you could see their face drop as they had no idea what it was they had to act out, obscure things like ‘The Vortex’ or ‘Educating Rita’ how do you act those out?? Although as the game went on the items became more recognisable and the Boys stormed into the lead. My personal favourite was Toms dad Gary acting out ‘Ballet Shoes’ and doing a little dance, haha. Somehow and someway the girls managed to win with a last minute flurry but I’m sure that there was some cheating in there somewhere as no way are boys are better than girls!

Christmas day was made complete however by 2 games of FIFA against Joe. The first one was won convincingly and the second was well on the way (3-0 by half time) before Joe had given in again. Lol. We then played a little bit of Call of Duty which was good as neither of us had hardy played before but that seemed to go better on my part too. Haha. God I love beating Joe. Lol. Tally now..
Grazy – 8 Wins
Joe – 1 Win

I will leave this for now, we have New Years Eve to look forward too. As I have said before, 2009 has been very up and down for me, it is currently on quite an up so lets hope that 2010 continues that trend. To everyone that reads this, thanks, I hope I keep your attention and you all have a great time on Thursday night. Roll on 2010.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment