Tuesday 4 May 2010

Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden


Howdy,

Well, how the hell is it May already? Over a third of the year in and moving as fast as ever towards the inevitable disappointment of a rainy summer. Before you know it we will be buying each other Christmas presents and I will have written this blog for over a year... One step at a time now G. lol. So what has been going on with me lately? Well the majority of my time has been spent worrying that Spurs might not get that final Champions League place, although that feeling of dread will not completely go away until at least tomorrow night. MASSIVE game against Manchester City, god I'm nervous. Anyway, enough of that for now, I have been a busy bee lately so this post should be a little more eventful than normal.

If Its Not Filmed In 3D, Bloody Leave It!
So as I wrote in my last post I was heading to see Clash of the Titans on the Friday, here is my little review on it! It wasn't bad.. Nothing to shout about and I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again, but it was good harmless fun. Loads of battles with mainly mythical creatures such a giant scorpions and a story that rattled along without pausing for breath. The characters were ok, nothing special although Ralph Fiennes was good as the God Hades. Don't get me wrong it wasn't hard to watch, just a bit Meh?! The one major gripe I do have however is that I saw this film in 3D. If you go and see this make sure to see this in standard good old regular 2D. The 3D was tacked on afterwards and in places it really showed. They had to move certain parts of the scene around and at points when two people were having a conversation they didn't even look like they were looking at each other! I think they have done this with a couple of other films lately and the result gets much of the same feeling from people. So I would say that if any film makers happen to see this (I bet thousands read it by the way) if you cant be bothered to film it in 3D, don't tack it on afterwards because it looks pretty pants!

I will be heading to see a few films soon as there are a lot coming out that look decent so I'm sure there will be a couple of reviews in the next blog or two. The one I am really looking forward to is Hot Tub Time Machine! How can you go wrong with a title like that for a comedy? Its a throwback to the 80s when comedy films were raw genius and yep, you guessed it, the hot tub takes them back there by accident. Iron Man 2 is also out and I will be seeing that first, should be good plain and simple action. The A-Team is out soon too, once again that is going to be switch your brain off fun. There is also a film coming out that may raise a few eyebrows, its called Four Lions and to explain it simply, its a comedy about terrorists! I bet that gets a few bad comments!! haha. I think this is going to be class though, Kayvan Novak (The Fone/Facejacker) is also in it and they are basically a bunch of bungling terrorists trying to cause havoc without much luck, there is even a white guy convert they rip the hell out of most of the time! Brilliant.

Why Cant All Weekends Have 3 Days?
So the bank holiday weekend has just been and gone, hopefully everyone had a decent one, i know I did. Saturday I went up to White Hart Lane with Lara to watch Spurs play Bolton, they won 1-0 with a wonder strike from Tom Huddlestone which was great. It was the last home game of the season so they did a few awards and a lap of honour which was nice. After that we headed to TGI Fridays with Lara's dad which was really nice.

Sunday we didn't do a great deal in the day before heading out to Covent Garden for a night out dressed as golfers! Lara's friend Katie had a birthday do and as per usual we all dressed up (See above). How many of you know what golf means? Check the title of this message for the answer. lol. It was a good laugh, they had a live band which was great and the MacDonalds at 3am was a right touch! One thing I will say is that it's a lot harder to stay up until 5am at 25 than it was when I was 18! 2am comes and I think a wall of tiredness just hits me, rubbish, lol. Monday was mainly a recovery day before the forced return to work the next day.

One thought, can a government change a weekend to be 3 days long? If they can do you think that I would be able to get into a position of power for the next election and use that as my main policy to try and win voters? I think I would be in with a chance!

When I started writing this I thought of something really funny, I thought to myself, ooo I will write that a little later on that will be great - what have I gone and done, bloody forgotten what I thought of now, brilliant, a right schoolboy error there. Maybe I will remember it soon.

So a couple of other little updates. Lara and I have now been living in our place for 3 months! I can't believe how quickly that has gone, it feels like only yesterday I was moaning about our muppet of a solicitor and hoping we would complete on time. I wrote last time about my best mate Joe and his wife Shelley being close to their due date, well the due date of April 26th came, passed and became a week ago in the blink of an eye, still no sign of the mini person yet. Surely by the next time I write I will know if its a boy or a girl, what his or her name is and most importantly - will it instantly be better than Joe at FIFA when it's born, I think so!

I can't think of anything else to write for now, so until next time here is my thought of the day - Who picks up a guide dogs poo? Surely not the blind man?

G

No comments:

Post a Comment