Friday 23 April 2010

Happy Happy Joy Joy


So, I write this on the eve of the weekend, and I have actually realised that it is St Georges Day today….. Hope you all have a good one and Up The English!! Anyway… This weekend sees Tottenham play Manchester United in a massive game for the course of the season. As the title of this posting shows I have had much better time of things since I last wrote with the lows of Wembley, I couldn’t have expected what was to come next, Spurs have done me proud!


Best Week Ever!

How low was I after the Wembley semi final? Pretty damn low let me tell you, so what were my expectations of playing both Arsenal and Chelsea in the space a week straight after that horrible performance? Rubbish in all honesty. So can you imagine my happiness when we beat each of them 2-1, not luckily, convincingly!! We were just fantastic. It was great to watch them beat Arsenal, I was at home watching it with my neighbour Darren from downstairs with a few beers as we tore them apart. It was a great performance that would shut up the nation of Arsenal fans (aka Muppets). There was also a wonder goal from our young debutant Danny Rose, Goal of the Season without a doubt!! What could possibly be any better than that!! Well I will tell you what…. Sitting in the front row at White Hart Lane on the Saturday to watch the Spurs beat Chelsea too!! We were even better this game, it was just a perfect day. Absolutely everyone played brilliantly, the atmosphere in the stadium was incredible and John Terry the cheating scumbag was sent off! Awesome. I didn’t come down from cloud 9 for the rest of the day! LOVE IT!! To top it all off for the greatest football week of my life, Arsenal played Wigan on the Sunday and let a 2-0 lead slip in the last 10 minutes to lose 3-2. Remember that Spurs beat Wigan 9-1 earlier on this season, lol. On a side note, Gareth Bale is an absolute legend at the moment, what a player - WHAT A WEEK, I LOVE TOTTENHAM and so should you!!


Ready To Pop
At the time of writing this, Shelley (my best mate Joes wife, that’s Joe who is 2nd best at FIFA) is due to have their first child in the next few days. Im so excited so I cant imagine how they are feeling about it. I have known Joe since we were about 12 or 13 and have just seen each other grow up along the way, I have been the Best Man at his wedding and Im certain that he will be mine when I decide to get a ball and chain too. For us to be at the stage of our lives when one of us is having a baby is really a point I think I will remember for the rest of my days. So I hope, and I think Shelley will too, that by the time I write my next rambling that there will be another person in the world that is part of the family/friends.


I think I will leave it at that today to be honest, there isn’t much else going on in the world that I can talk about right now. Im going to see the new Clash of the Titans tonight so I will write about what I thought of it next time too.


Have a great weekend.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment