Thursday 1 December 2011

Fireworks, Christmas and Tattoos

The Tattoo Machine
Ooops, I completely missed writing a post in November… In all fairness December has snuck up out of nowhere and it’s now time to start opening those little cardboard windows each morning and start the day with some chocolate, haha. Yes I am talking about advent calendars and yes I know I’m 27 but I think that they are brilliant. I am a huge child inside, and outside a lot of the time, so why can’t I have an advent calendar?? I even bought Lara one as she hasn’t had one since she was about 11, but now she can enjoy the childishness with me too, haha. Anyway I digress…..

Turkeys Are Panicking
Well I didn’t really go off subject too much there as this is a Christmassy part – we can all be in the festive mood now as it is December. It really gets on my nerves when I see Christmas stuff in shops and hear the songs on the radio as early as bloody October.. really…. really… do one! I absolutely love Christmas but it should be a December thing ONLY! Lol. This year looks like it’s going to be a pretty manic one as per usual, but I’m looking forward to it. Usually I have a real problem thinking of something to ask for as I have always been the type of person who doesn’t ask for stuff just for the sake of it. I like to get things because I need them so on every birthday and Christmas I am a nightmare to buy for. This year is a little different though… remember in my last blog I wrote that I might be getting a new tattoo? Well I went out with my mate Sean a couple of weeks back and booked myself in for a day session (yes it’s gonna be a good one) in February of next year. Tattoos aren’t cheap so all I am asking for this year is money towards the tattoo please. I have sent some ideas off to the artist and am really excited to get sat down and inked! But yeah, other than that I can’t wait for this Christmas with everyone all over the place, I even get dinner at my mums on Christmas Day with my niece and nephew so it should be epic!

Bang, Boom, Pow, Shadoooooom
This year on bonfire night my sister and Tom had a big party at their place. As usual Dylan and Mia were on top form and the food / spiced cider was amazing / horrible respectively, lol. It was originally planned that everyone was to bring their own fireworks along so that there would be a load to use but my dad had a great idea for everyone to club together so he could arrange to get some bigger and better display fireworks. All I can say is Bloody Hell!! We were actually all laughing in shock at how amazing the fireworks he had sorted out were. They wouldn’t have been out of place at local town fireworks displays and I mean that. There were some that were absolutely massive, one of them exploded and spanned about three houses in width! Mental. Haha. So yeah that was a great night. Dylan had another one of his epic moments doing some more dancing, this time to LMFAO being on the TV with their video for ‘Im Sexy and I know it’ – if you haven’t seen the video its complete comedy but what Dylan did had us all laughing again. Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-HRvDMADI - Legend!

Massive Geeks
I’m still playing Gears of War 3 and loving it, every week they have weekend events where they change the set-up of game types for you to play online, which is a great way of keeping things fresh. Also in about a week or so they are releasing some downloadable content which will add about 4 hours of campaign story as a prequel to the whole series. Its genius that games can be developed and added to after completion all through online content. It’s scary to think what things will be like in 20 years time.
Lara is still playing LA Noire and loving it, haha. She has completed the main story and is going back to do a load of side missions or do better on the crime cases to up her profile. What massive geeks we are!
I still haven’t even debated getting FIFA 12, although this should give Joe a head start if we get a chance to play it as I usually school him at FIFA games, lol.

What Else….
Other than that I have next week off work which should be nice. I will probably try and get all of my Christmas shopping done and out of the way before the rush closer to the time. Lara and I are saving some money to try and have a nice holiday next year so we aren’t going to buy too much for each other this year. We have given each other some pretty awesome presents over the last year – Playstation 3 for Lara, Rammestien tickets for me etc – so it wont be too bad having a little break from splashing the cash!

I’m sure I will write again before Christmas and by that time I’m hoping to have seen some snow, yes it’s a bit chilly outside but it’s nowhere near too cold yet – I haven’t even worn a scarf!

I'm heading out on Chritsmas eve with the same guys as last year, you know the night we took the megaphone out and got chucked out of everywhere

So I hope everyone is well, let me know if you fancy a pint sometime.

Peace
G

No comments:

Post a Comment