Tuesday 9 March 2010

Settled In My Nest

Well well, over a month in our new house already, where did all that time go?? I cant believe that it is March already, that’s mental. Its less than 10 months until Christmas, I had better get planning now. I think I have had a pretty eventful few weeks so I will try to remember exactly what has gone on and fill you in a bit. We now have our sofa and it is quite simply…Awesome! I remember writing that the whole DFS experience was a good one a while back and now we actually have their product I can say that it just puts the cherry on top as I have no complaints at all. Everyone – If you need a sofa, go to DFS! On the other end of the scale we have Harvey, we ordered a wardrobe from them a while back and it was delivered a couple of weeks ago. Not only were the delivery crew complete twats but they damaged the staircase in the communal area and pleaded ignorance when we complained. So as a review side of things (this is a blog after all) Don’t use Harveys! You can get just as good furniture other places and I bet they aren’t complete muppets. There, I feel I have done my bit to get them back, haha. We have put up some photos, mirrors and other bits now and it is really starting to look like a home. I was saying to Lara the other day that sometimes I just sit there and still cant believe that we are in a place that is ours! Its great!

Cold and Jumping
I have to write a short note about the Spurs Vs Fulham game I went to on Saturday. It was away at Fulhams ground (Craven Cottage) which has always been one of the grounds I have wanted to visit as it is so old school. One of the stands is over 100 years old and they actually have a big cottage/house in one of the corners which is pretty cool. The area that the stadium is in is really nice too, a great walk along the riverside to get there. The thing that made the visit great though was the atmosphere from the Spurs fans, it was brilliant. We didn’t sit down or be quiet for the entire 90 minutes. There was also a period of about 10 minutes in the 2nd half where absolutely every fan was bouncing and singing which was amazing. One thing I will say though, where the ground has fairly open corners and is right next to a river, it is windy and bloody freezing! Thank god we were bouncing around otherwise they would still be trying to remove my in one solid block of ice from my seat!

I Was Right the First Time
Remember how I bumped Good Will Hunting down to 3rd in my all time list after seeing Avatar? Well I sat and watched it again the other day with Lara and I feel I was caught up in the whole Avatar hype, which made me forget what a great film Good Will Hunting really is. The story is fantastic and the characters are just brilliant too. Anyone thinking Robin Williams is just a one trick pony with comedy acting needs to see this film as he is outstanding as a psychiatrist. He actually got an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor which shows this too. I am therefore moving Good Will Hunting back to No 2 on my all time list ahead of Avatar. Done!

Still as Enjoyable as Ever!
Another quick update on the whole FIFA competition I have with Joe. I popped back to my mums house to pick up the majority of things I have left there to move to our new house this weekend just gone. While I was there I went over to Joes for an hour or so to say hello and as normal, we had a few games of Fifa. The first game was a close affair which ended up going to extra time but I won 2-1. The second game Joe went 1-0 up very early on but I came back to win that one well. The 3rd game I cant remember the score but I know I stuck a couple in and won that too. It is such a great rivalry and one that I am so glad I seem to be keeping on top of, lol. Latest scores
Grazy – 14 Wins
Joe – 2 Wins

Short Blast Out of Thoughts
OK I am not wanting to make this post an essay so I will make this paragraph short and to the point about a few things to help avoid boring you. Haha.
Assassins Creed 2 is a brilliant game, I am glad I waited to play this when I had some spare time as the story is so in depth and the game is just huge, so many other things to do away from the standard story. Genius idea of a game though, I may explain more about it in a future post to do it justice.
Formula 1 is back next week!! Awesome, I cant wait for this season. Usually I avoid McLaren as I think they are a bit arrogant with their approach but this year I am a massive McLaren fan. Why? Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton. 2 English drivers in a team based in England. Cant get better than that as a fan. Should be really interesting with the rule that you aren’t allowed to re-fuel this year too. Roll on Sunday and Bahrain. Also Schumacher is back which will be brilliant! My pick for the title this year is Vettel.
We had Sky + HD installed at our place last week. Watching football on it is just something else. The detail is unreal. I watched the Ice Hockey final in the Olympics in HD and that was incredible, you could see the scratches on the ice!
The local pub near to my house, The White Hart, does some amazing food. It is also less than 3 minutes walk from our house. Lara and I went there for dinner on Friday night as we fancied a bit of a treat. Somehow in my 2 previous visits I had managed to miss that they had a Game Pie on the menu. Rabbit, Pheasant, Venison and another meat I cant remember right now in a big pot pie. WOW, it was delicious. If you are ever in the area then give me a call and we will go and sample the dish as I know that 99% of people will love it. Well 99% of non vegetarians will love it. Haha.

That’s about it for now so I guess that I will leave it at that. I have just seen that I can add images to this so next time will have some photos of the place I think. Before I go a quick joke that made me chuckle earlier.

What do bees come back as when they die? ….. Zombees!! Haha I love that! Bye bye…

G

No comments:

Post a Comment