Monday 22 March 2010

Code Red, Code Red!!

Hey Hey. Well I’m trying to keep these a little more frequent but life is just so busy that its hard to do, but my 1 reader (hello again mum) deserves to know what the life of G is like so I had better keep these going.

Geeeeeeeeeeeek!
The most recent goings on in my life is that I went out to Milton Keynes on Saturday night dressed as a geek for a Birthday do. It was hilarious. I think there was about 25 of us in total and we all looked the part. If you would have seen people like this at school then you would have thought they were the goody goody teachers pet for sure. If I can manage to get a picture in here then there is a nice pic below, haha.

Well it was such a laugh, people gave us funny looks and it was a good conversation starter too. The hard part was talking to someone we were with though, every time I tried to talk I would just laugh or smile to begin with as it was hard to take someone seriously dressed like a nerd. The night out went really well though but there was one thing that will be memorable for me and one of the lads we were out with. In the first place we went into we were having our very first drink and having a chat with someone that a guy in our group knew. The next thing happening is the bouncers grab this bloke and his mate then storm them out. A fairly standard occurrence right?.... Wrong. What made this different is that one of the bouncers had dropped his walkie talkie at our feet. Was I the good Samaritan? Did I take it back to the bouncer at the door? Did I care that he may get in trouble for losing a vital piece of his door guarding equipment? Did I heck! So to the bouncers of the moon and whatever it was called in Milton Keynes, if you heard a man shouting ‘Code Red, Code Red there’s a fight going on in the toilets, everyone get here quickly, Code Red, I repeat Code Red’ that was yours truly having a little fun! Haha.

Another Must See
So I saw Shutter Island a week ago, the latest offering from the Leonardo Di Caprio / Martin Scorsese combo. It was really really good. Its probably the most engaging film I have seen in a long time. The story was brilliant and kept you right in the moment the whole time and there is a big twist that the majority of people wouldn’t see coming. Im sure there will be the odd clever clogs that will get it before the reveal but its another film I must recommend for people to see. Lara really enjoyed it too. It has the creepy element without being crap your pants scary and feel that you can really involve yourself in. I don’t want to talk too much about it but go and find out for yourself what all my fuss is about. Its based on a book that the author wrote with the intention of it being mental so don’t expect something normal. Im sure you will like it though.

Quick note – The Formula 1 race was pants last weekend. It was a procession showing off all the pretty cars. I cant remember any significant overtakes and the only interesting things were when people crashed. I can see why the no refuelling rule has come in but all it did was make people drive slower to make their tyres last longer. It made it slower (around 6-8 seconds a lap overall) than ever. 8 seconds in this kind of racing is a mammoth distance too. Hopefully they will change something soon as most of the fans hated it, so did the drivers. Melbourne race this weekend so we will see.

What else what else. Erm…. I met up with Mark from Contiki again on Friday night for his birthday so that was pretty cool, hopefully have a few more meet ups soon.

I haven’t had another visit to The White Hart since I last wrote to have that amazing Game Pie again, that needs to be sorted soon. I went to another pub within 5 minutes walk of my place last week though, The George which was pretty nice too. Lara used to work in there too, may have to visit there a bit more often although they will really have to go some on the food front to impress me after the Game pie!

I need a holiday! Where can we go? Answers on a postcard to the usual address, and if you would like to donate to the holiday fund then that would be fine too. Seriously though where do people recommend? I would love to go back to Vegas although I would have to save save save as Vegas is a place I like to spend money. Haha.

That’s about me for now so I will leave it there and write again soon. I am going to see another film tomorrow – Green Zone with Matt Damon in it. So that gives me something to write about next time.

Laters Potaters.

G

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude, you should go island hopping in Greece! Im going in September and you could go test it out for me! Hope all is well, house sounds amazing, loving the blog! Sam x

    ReplyDelete