Friday 20 April 2012

Tattoo Update and The Easter Bunny Is Mad

Mia on her egg hunt!
Blimey, it has been a month already since the last time I wrote one of these things! Where in the hell is this year going?? Seriously?? It’s almost third of the way through the year already…. How is that? haha. Anyway, as the last post was a bit of a serious one I thought I would give an update on Muamba – as of this week, he was discharged from hospital showing pictures of him smiling and words of thanks he has given to all the assistance he has received to be where he is now. Its absolutely unreal that his heart stopped beating for 78 minutes and he is still around to show off a smile! Incredible news.

Well what has been going on in this cauldron of chaos that was the last few weeks of my life, lol.

Old Mates In New Places
Over the last month or so I have met up with some people that I hadn’t seen in ages, and I mean ages. I met up with an old mate I played football with from about age 11-16 Rob George down in London, where we had a nice Thai curry and a bottle of wine (I will come to wine later as well). It was great to have a catch up after not seeing him in about 12 years. The last time we saw each other we couldn’t even drive, now Rob is getting married later this year and we are all grown up, mental. One thing I found funny, and interesting in a way, was that when I was going to meet him I was driving down a road and recognised instantly from distance that it was him just by the way he was walking. He doesn’t have anything odd about his walk or anything I guess that it’s just another specific thing we do that we don’t really know. I think I could pick a few people that I know out by the way they walk now that I have thought about it, lol.

Then a few weeks back one of my friends Kevin from New York was over on a business trip which meant he was staying down in London for a while. We met up and had a good wander around London from Marble Arch to Piccadilly which was cool. We had some awesome burgers and then headed to a sports bar where there were about 10 football matches going on at once. It was great to catch up with him as I used to go to New York a couple of times a year a while back to see stay with friends, back when they were all around from college and it was basically party season which was great. Hopefully I will get back out there at some point soon but everyone is all over the place now. So yeah, overall it was good to catch up with old friends.

Tattoo Is Taking Shape
After Main
Before
After Inside
So last Friday I was in for my second day session with Jammes at Woody’s tattoo shop in High Wycome to get some more work done on my left arm. It was pretty much a solid day of tattooing with me sitting down at 10:45 and finishing at 5:20 with only a 20 minute break for lunch in between. It was all work on shading and detail and now I only have a couple of hours left of highlighting and a little bit more shading before it’s done. I can’t wait.



Other than that there has been Easter which I spent down at my mums with Lara, my mum, Roy, Katie, Tom, Dylan, Mia and Archie which was awesome. There was an Easter egg hunt which we did for Dylan and Mia and it was hilarious, they were running around picking up eggs with Dylan saying ‘The Easter Bunny has gone mad!! He's Gone Mad’ and Mia saying ‘Lot-Lot’ which was her version of chocolate for every egg she picked up. All in all that was a fun day.

Dylan while the Easter Bunny was going MAD!!

Future Wine Connoisseur
Now, I mentioned wine earlier and here’s why. I have always disliked wine growing up so never really thought much about it but lately I have developed a bit of a taste for it - I think I mentioned about it in my Paris post a while back. I think it’s because I only ever tasted wine at parties where it was bought in bulk and not very good stuff. I went out with some friends and we had a couple of nice bottles of wine a while back and I realised that I quite liked it. Then when I was in Paris I drank enough wine to kill a donkey but enjoyed it all too. So I have decided that I am going to open up a bit to wine and try a few to try and get a bit of an idea about things. Strangely enough there is a wine shop in Ampthill about 2 minutes from where I live, which I either haven’t noticed before or its new (I think its new), so I went in there yesterday and bought four bottles of wine – two red and two white. I have a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand (Marlborough), a Sauvignon Blanc from Chile (Casablanca Valley), a Pinot Noir from Chile (Casablanca Valley) and a Pinot Noir from France as well so I can compare a couple, lol. I will let you know how it goes.

Other than that I think that’s about it. I have my second concert of the year coming up on the 28th April. It’s completely different to Rammestein and Im going with my cousin Matt (@TheTilley) and another mate Ahmed (@Ahmedozman) which should be awesome!

Take it easy.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment