Thursday 30 December 2010

The 2010 Review

Only one day left of 2010, where did that go?? It seems like only yesterday I was seeing in the new year, drinking more than I should have and starting 2010 with a hangover. Since then it really has been onwards and upwards for me and 2010 has been one of the best. As always, I doubt I will be able to remember everything that has happened but I will have a good crack.

Remove formatting from selection


Best Year Ever??

So the year started on a bit of a dip with the hangover but it really did push on from there with some force. In February I moved into my first place with Lara, a lovely 2 bed apartment in Maulden, Bedfordshire which I still cant believe I own. I was saying to Lara a little while back that sometimes I walk in at night and think to myself how perfect that place is in my eyes. It was a big move for me to be so far from family and friends but I have some great friends up in Maulden now (even if we do get kicked out of pubs for taking a megaphone in) and I think it was the right move for me.

Remove formatting from selection


It was baby central this year with my best mate and his wife Shelley had their first baby, Joshua, they have proved that they are naturals at the parenting thing and Josh is a little star! My cousin Dan and his lady Helen had a little girl, Ella, who I haven’t seen nearly as much as I would like of but there is something I can aim to change in 2011. Then my Sister and her husband Tom had a little girl too, Mia, and I have my first niece!! Dylan has turned into an awesome big brother to her as well which is nice. Although watching him saying ‘I Love You Sister’ through a voice changing megaphone on Christmas was Lovely, Scary (due to the voice) and hilarious (due to the voice and Mia’s reaction) all at the same time. So yeah, lots of new additions in the family.

Remove formatting from selection


Congratulations go out to Dan and Helen, Matt and Emma, Stew and Katie who have all got engaged this year. This must have been extra special for my auntie Bern and uncle Les as these are all brothers from the Tilley family!

Remove formatting from selection


I have to do it, I just have to and I don’t care if you jump this section. WHAT A YEAR FOR TOTTENHAM! Qualifying for the Champions League and then getting through the group stage as winners at the first attempt, beating Inter Milan on the way through! Love it! There has also been beating Arsenal and Chelsea in the same week, coming back from 2-0 down at the Emirates to beat the Gooners 3-2. The complete revelation of Gareth Bale who is just a different class. Signing Van der Vaart who is just immense. We now have a team that really makes other clubs worry when we play them and we have done all we have done this season with a crazy amount of injuries (which nobody ever seems to mention!) Im hoping 2011 will be just as good for the mighty Spurs!

Remove formatting from selection


This year I have been back playing football which is nice, loving the banter with the lads which is a big part of what I missed about not playing. Scoring the winner on my birthday in front of Lara, my mum and Roy was a highlight (even if I did injure my ankle and was out for 5-6 weeks in the same game!)

Remove formatting from selection


I thought it might be cool to do ‘Top things of 2010’ so here we go –

Remove formatting from selection

Top Album: Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Top Song: Time – Hans Zimmer (not exactly a song as such but a great piece of music from the Inception soundtrack)

Top Film: Inception

Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio

Best Actress: Olivia Wilde (I couldn’t actually think of any for acting reasons but she is HOT!)

Top Xbox Game: Alan Wake

Top Playstation Game: Little Big Planet (I only played it for the first time this year)

Top TV Series: LOST

Top TV Show: An Idiot Abroad

Remove formatting from selection


Moment of 2010: Picking up the keys to my first house!

Remove formatting from selection


That’s about all I can think off now, haha so we can leave that there for now. Oh, I saw Tron: Legacy the other day so may as well do a quick review on it. It was pretty good, not great but very good. The main reason for seeing this isn’t the story, that’s just ok, if anything they could have worked a little harder on that as it seems a bit of a waste to just progress through with pretty lights and 3D. What makes this film a must see is the visuals. This was something really amazing to see, you are immersed in a 3-D world of light, colour and shiny stuff that is just so engaging to watch. I wont go into things too much but the light cycle battles early on, with the ribbons of neon light streaming out of the bikes is spectacular! I would recommend going to see this just for the visual spectacle, if you go with the intention of seeing a story and character driven film then you will probably think ‘Meh?’, but go with the outlook of simply sitting and watching something extremely clever and incredible looking on a screen then you will probably be happy.

Remove formatting from selection


That’s about it for me now. I hope everyone has an amazing New Year and I wish you all a prosperous 2011!

Remove formatting from selection

G

No comments:

Post a Comment